Issues on Application for Attending High-level International Conferences and Reimbursement Procedures
I. Conditions for Approving the Application
1. A papers or an abstract has been accepted by a high-level international academic
conference to be held outside the country (or mainland China);
2. The applicant should be the first author of the academic paper, or the second author when his/her supervisor is the first;
3. Each applicant is sponsored only once during the period of studies at XJTU..
II. Documents Required to Prepare
1. XJTU Academic Visit Application Form for Graduate Students;
2. An Agreement with Graduate Students for Short-term Visit (in triplicate);
(Visit http://gs.xjtu.edu.cn/info/1085/4303.htm )
3. XJTU Short-term Visit Application Form for Graduate Students
(Visit http://international.xjtu.edu.cn/info/1076/3414.htm )
4. A Certificate of Financial Support, A4 –sized paper printed for visa application
(Visit http://gs.xjtu.edu.cn/info/1083/3777.htm )
5. The invitation letter and a copy of its translated version (Two copies)
6. The first page of the paper (Two copies; the applicant should be the first author;
or the second author when his/her supervisor is the first.)
7. Agenda（5 days or within 5 days for one country） or Application for Duration of Stay Exceeding the Specified Days（more than 5 days for one country） (Please visit Instructions on XJTU Short-term Visit Application Form for Graduate Students for details.)
8. A List of Conference Participants from XJTU
(Visit http://gs.xjtu.edu.cn/info/1083/4047.htm )
Notes: For applicants with advisor’s or off-campus financial support, he/she only needs to prepare the materials specified in 2 / 3 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 5 under the title of “Documents Required to Prepare”. The Statement of Financial Support should be provided by the sponsor.
III Application Materials (All these materials shall be completed before departure)
1) The applicant should email a complete set of the following materials to the e-mail address at email@example.com, with the document named as “Application for Attending Conference - the applicant’s name”. (The size of each material in the set should not exceed 1MB):
* XJTU Academic Visit Application Form for Graduate Students (in PDF format, signed by the advisor and the school along with the school’s seal)
* Invitation letter (in PDF/JPEG format)
* Copies of the first page of the paper (in PDF/JPEG format)
* Statement of Financial Support (as a completed Word file)
* List of Conference Participants from XJTU (as a completed Excel file)
2) After the application is approved, the applicant, according to the mail prompt, shall come to pick up the Statement of Financial Support at Counter 13 of the Student Services Hall(on the first floor of Qi Cai Ge Building, near the Southwest gate) on Wednesday or Friday afternoon.
IV Campus Formalities to Go Through
1.Submit the following documents to the Department of International Cooperation & Exchanges (Room 116, Science Building, 82668521):
*The formal invitation letter (a copy and a translated version),
*a copy of the first page of the paper for the conference,
*agenda（5 days or within 5 days for one country） or Application for Duration of Stay Exceeding the Specified Days（more than 5 days for one country）,
*XJTU Short-term Visit Application Form for Graduate Students signed by the advisor，school and the School of International Education along with the school’s seal.
2. For a copy of the Statement of Full-Time Student Status, one can obtain it on a self-service printing machine in Student Services Hall (first floor of Qi Cai Ge Building) with his or her campus ID.
V. Procedures for Lending the Budget
1. Book airline tickets in advance and obtain related information (eg. ticket price, account information, etc.)
2. Apply for lending the budget from the Graduate School (Counter 12, Student Services Hall, first floor, Cai Hong Ge Building), with a copy of the approved Travel Approval Document, and the visa.
3. Go through the lending procedures in the Financial Hall at the Main Building.
Costs covered by the lent budget: international round-trip and accommodations costs during the conference (subject to the time specified on the invitation letter). The costs of air tickets will be directly transferred by the Finance Office to the ticket seller, and the expenses of accommodations per person per day will be covered in accordance with relevant provisions. "First-Class University Construction Project" funds will be used to cover the expenses.
Coverage of Support
Sum of Support
International round-trip travel costs
and costs of accommodations during the conference (subject to the time specified on the invitation letter)
Regions other than Asia: 10,000 RMB yuan
Asian regions (excluding Chinese Hong Kong, Chinese Macao and Chinese Taiwan): 8,000 RMB yuan
Costs for accommodation during the conference (subject to the time on the invitation letter)
Chinese Hong Kong, Chinese Macao and Chinese Taiwan: 4,000 RMB yuan
VI Procedures for Reimbursement (Come to settle on Thursday afternoon)
1. The applicant shall give a public academic speech to the faculty of his or her department or school; and then submit conference summary report (Visit http://gs.xjtu.edu.cn/info/1083/3768.htm to see the template) to the teacher of the school in charge. Next, submit the Report Form on Short-term Academic Visit (http://gs.xjtu.edu.cn/info/1083/3779.htm ), reviewed, signed by the teacher in charge of his or her school and stamped with the school’s seal. For the costs beyond the approved, the applicant will bear it him- or herself.
2. The applicant shall bring the necessary invoices and Report Form on Short-term Academic Visit to the Graduate School (Counter 12, Student Services Hall First Floor, Cai Hong Ge Building) to complete the formalities for reimbursement (the invoice of tickets bought at home should be provided). For the expenses beyond the approved sum, the applicant shall bear it him- or herself. .
3. The applicant should complete all formalities for reimbursement within one month after he or she comes back from the conference.